Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Quoting Moviez...

Its past midnight here and I just finished my lab report. Was not feeling sleepy so eventually started facebook-ing and saw this note by a friend with list of quotes from her favourite movies and the rest had to guess the title of the movie. It seemed pretty fun and that inspired this post. I decided to list some of my favourite movies and their respective quotes. IF any of you guys wanna leave your answers for the titles, go ahead....:D Or instead thinking "this girl must be really bored/ had nothing else to spend her time on/ blah blah/then to actually compile a list"; perhaps you're right, BUT I really think this is fun ;)

And the List Begins....

1. "Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends."

2. "You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it. I've seen centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain and lies. Hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But to see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I'm trying to say, Tristan, is... I think I love you. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange. No gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine."

3. "We all end up in diapers"

4. "You're black. You're not even a nigger. You're an African"

5. "So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature. "

6. "How do you know that nothing bad won't happen?"
"I don't"

7. "If you're afraid of dying it shows you have a life worth living."

8. "What rules of conduct apply in this rural situation? We have been introduced, have we not? "
"What value is there in an introduction when you cannot even remember my name? Indeed,
can barely stay awake in my presence."

9. " What do we do now? Pray? What?"
"It's 9:00. Pleasant dreams."
"W-Wait. Are you tellin' me we go to bed by 9:00?"
"I were you, I would use this time to think about my life and its direction. Or lack thereof."
"There's nothing wrong with my life. You know, before I came here, I had a career, I had
friends, I had clothing that fit. Before I came here, I was okay."
"Oh, really? From what I've heard, your singing career was almost non-existent, and your married lover wants you dead. If you're fooling anyone, it is only yourself."
"God has brought you here. Take the hint."

10. "Now, they tell me I paid my debt to society."
" Funny, I never got a check."

11. "What do you call assassins who accuse assassins?"

12. "Sorry, I have a syndrome. I don't really have a filter. I don't pick up on social cues."
"You mean you're rude?"
" Yeah, but now it's a disease I can take medication for."
"They have pills for rudeness?"
"I know...and they can't figure out the Middle East. Go figure."

13. "This dock is off-limits to civilians."
"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know. If I see one, I shall inform you immediately."

14. "I'm telling you Jorge, the first thing you have to do when you get to America - buy a device called TiVo. Okay? Freedom means nothing if you're a slave to regular programming. I promise you that. "

And now I am sleepy......ZZZZZ.......

7 comments:

  1. i know some of them!! i know!!!! :D:D:D:D no surprise that you didn't leave out your mcavoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't want me to commit a sin..would you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is one i would wanan share

    I believe everything happens for a reason! People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so that you will eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes, good things fall apart, so better things can fall together
    -Marilyn Munroe

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a good one..thanx americanising desi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are very few movies in this world that I've enjoyed enough to remember any quotes but I do have some... =)

    "For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was."

    "We're in love. Well, I'm in love and she occasionally pours boiling water down my Calvin Kleins."

    As for your quotes... I only knew 1 (#13) but Google is my friend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo..both the quotes are good...which movies were they from??

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first one is from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and it's Barbossa who says it. The second one is from Tank Girl and it's Booga who says it about Tank Girl and him. =)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...