Thursday, May 1, 2008

An evening well spent


Have been living in Jurong for 20 yrs plus but only visited good old Chinese Garden today!!! Experienced great serenity, though it may seem impossible with the buzzing of foreign workers and families gathered together..haha...given Singapore's lack of natural environment...Chinese garden appeared its best today or probably cause this is my first visit there...anyway..it was great...Had a chance to immerse myself in the wonderful vision of the sun setting...was looking at for over half an hour...it slowly disappeared behind the trees...often i don't see the entire process but an image of a circular 'thingy' surrounded by orangy streaks!!! It was beautiful..It appeared as though the sun was saying 'bye bye, catch ya tomorrow morning'...haha..SWEET!!!!

I was sitting under this huge raintree..hopefully i got the name of the tree right...it was not too hot compared to the walk from my house to Chinese Garden!!!man...and there I saw this squirrel scurrying away with this pine nut which was a little too huge for its mouth..it was definitely skilled enough not to drop it though..haha..the way nature works...its amazing...

Nature played a huge part in my meditating experience today...though I was little distracted by incessant thoughts..the environment really helped me to break away and put a full stop to these thoughts...and the question is how did it help me???in what way????

With the cool breeze on your face...people walking around smiling..watching the sun set in a comfort zone...i felt like I staring at a painted picture before me with the chinese garden's pagoda and lake as the backdrop...haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...