Friday, April 17, 2009

My Iron Lady...

Death is a bent in life that I still have to get accustomed to. Especially the death of others.
The world doesn't seem to be coming to an end..where together with others I'd perish as well.

But I have to say these 'sudden disappearances' are superb reality checks.

If I go to sleep now and never to wake up, guess that wouldn't bother me much cos I'd be dead to have any further realisation. But what if my granny goes to sleep and never did wake up?

She didn't!
She was so eager, she didn't even say goodbye!

Since 2007, the line of absence of dear ones in Usha's life began...

And for some reason every year someone had to say farewell...Their role in my life had somewhat came to an end..and they had to leave...

Only once did I ever saw it coming..did I knew before hand that they were going to leave...so it was not hard to overcome their absence..It always felt they were there...though not physically..

This time I am shocked...!!! She cheated me..She chose this 'vacation' over me...

She decided to leave...more so her soul has departed..whatever that is laying there is not my granny anymore..

Whatever remains are memories...

Goodbye Ammamma, My Iron Lady
Hope your journey proves you well.

PS: I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY "WELL HER TIME CAME AND SHE HAD TO GO! WELL LEAST SHE LIVED HER LIFE!" WHAT KINDA REMARK IS THAT? JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS OLD, IT DOESNT MATTER IF THEY DIE?! AND JUST BECAUSE ONE DIED YOUNG DOESN'T MEAN HE DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO LIVE HIS LIFE! Please people don't ever give such remarks! Even if the one who passed on was an elderly, she was related to someone in a special way :)

4 comments:

  1. i know how it feels to lose a loved one...and idiotic remarks made by people can't change the feeling

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's heartbreaking when someone dies, age doesn't matter, they are gone and there was so much left to say and do. Since 2001 we've lost so many loved ones that I can't even make myself count them any more. These last two weeks we have lost a good friend in accident and a close relative to cancer. There is no way to get used to death just ways to deal with it and time to make the pain fade somewhat.

    Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Kadri! Im learning to deal with the absence as well :)

    Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...