Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Solar Eclipse

Its 8:34am. At 9am exactly, the solar eclipse will occur over Shanghai. It has been predicted to last at for 6 minutes and 34 seconds. The last time the eclipse took place was in 1532 and also in Shanghai. And the next time Shanghai will experience the eclipse again will be in 2143 (not too sure of the year :s). I am eagerly waiting to see the eclipse or at least hoping the skies will get darker indicating the occurrence of the eclipse. The all powerful Sun will be taken under custody by the Moon for a full 6 minutes; preventing it from spreading its rays.

8:41am. The skies are getting a little grayish.

8:59am: The skies are really dark now. The moon must have started its job already. People staying in the Hotel opposite my apartment are out in their balconies to catch the eclipse as well.

9:01am: THIS IS SO BAD!!! ITS RAINING NOW!!!! And I have dragonflies flying so close to my window I fear they may crash into them just like how Harry Potter's Owl does.

The weather ruined everything. sobs.

9:35am: Guess the weather didn't exactly ruin everything. The whole of Shanghai is in darkness now. SO COOL! It feels like 12 midnight when its only 9 plus in the morning! The rain has stopped. It is completely dark here.

9:43am: Light is seeping in slowly. I can see the buildings now. The Solar Eclipse as come to an end.

9:48am: It feels like morning again. The sun is once again smiling down on Shanghai.

That was so kool!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'v always wanted to witness a good one, but the only one I got a glimpse was a mild one a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i missed it...got up late!!!
    lucky u were able to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! We didn't get to see it here in the UAE

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ AD: Thank You :)

    @ Umer: That's not so bad. I barely caught a glimpse :(

    @ Naz: Yea man..

    @ Siras: Firstly, I didn't know you reside in the UAE and 2ndly, yeah some areas didn't experience the eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, gul! u r lucky!
    I remember the time when I saw one in '96, n the time was 11 am. it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Aziz: Yes I was :D Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...