Sunday, August 2, 2009

Piracy!

I don't how many of you out there despise it and later return home to watch a pirated DVD on your home theatre. I don't promote piracy but I do purchase them occasionally. Yes, contradicting. If the film producers out there wanna sue me for buying them its as good as suing people who purchase fake LV products. Well, maybe not entirely similar but its the same copyright infringement. Lotsa effort goes into the making of any original product. We are almost halfway into the E-book, Online news era. If they really wanna eliminate piracy they ought to target the people who market it. The people who produce it. No point blaming the purchasers. As long as its there before our eyes we would go for it. Sadly, that's the case. If hey were to really look into the case, the ratio between the population that buys and the population that sells these DVDS is 1:100. (They are not validated statistics; they are a probable assumption if I may say) . And these days pirated DVs are so professionally made, the quality is awesome. There are no skips, proper subtitles, audio and visuals are great, they even include special features. China's piracy market took it up a notch into creating Blu Ray pirated DVs as well.


4 comments:

  1. I don't buy pirated things no matter what kind of things they are, mainly because I see it as a form of greed and I dislike greed. If you can't afford to buy the real deal then you don't really need it either.

    There is one thing I do though.
    As a kid I'd spend the Saturdays by the radio listening to popular music programs and taping the songs that I liked so that I could listen to them again and again. I'd also trade those tapes with other kids to get even more and better music to my collection. I'm still doing something like it when I exchange MP3 songs with my friends by mail. It's not whole albums and in my eyes it's innocent but I also know it's a from of piracy in its own way.

    I do agree with you, if they want to stop piracy they have to stop those who market it, people won't buy it if they can't find it. Still, I'm having a hard time picturing how they'd be able to do it. Piracy has been growing wild for decades with little or no interruptions and the law makers are far behind by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone watches pirated version prints, i mean we even download movies of really good quality. I saw a documentary on a news channel, n it showed that even most companies are involved in this business..be it movies or softwares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right guys. When in Singapore, piracy was present but prevalent. I hardly bought pirated stuff. Here, pirated stuff is readily available. I gotta search for originals..lol...And eliminating is gonna be a tough task.

    Yeah..Piracy is in every form. And its not just limited to movies, but instead anything that can be copied will be copied. Maybe we should start embracing piracy instead. Share your information. No copyright laws. Post your videos on youtube; Publicity will be much cheaper and no issues of piracy and plagiarism even. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops..there is a mistake..the sentence should be 'When in Singapore piracy was present but NOT prevalent'. :D

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...