Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Hangover


After a six hour stint in class of observing human tissues and trying to recollect what the professor might have mentioned in the beginning while my eyes were half closed, ears totally oblivious to the information in the air, the brain which had auto shut down even before I entered the lab; I was tired! My dinner was delayed so was my bed-time.

I searched the DVD rack to catch something during dinner and found the movie 'The Rebound'. Read the synopsis and one line caught my eye. "....watch something without having to think..." Alrighty! A perfect movie right there. Popped it in. And Catherine Zeta Jones was speaking in Russian. -_-

Changed the settings and sadly realized Catherine lacks the ability to speak in English on this one. I was left with only English subtitles. It was still weird. I mean it was dubbed in Russian. Nah..couldn't take Russian for another second.

Eventually settled for 'The Hangover'. According to wiki, movie was released late last june.

It was hilarious! Four guys and the mess they get into for being drugged with the wrong drug which causes them to lose their memory of what happened the previous day. It had Bradley Cooper (Phil), Zach G.(Alan), Ed Helms(Stu) and Justin Bartha(Doug). Zach's character was this weird guy who is pretty much stuck to the yester-years of things and has an entirely different way of both thinking, responding to situations which cracks the whole movie up.

To share the joy around, here's a few quotes from the movie:

Phil: You are not wearing that are you?
Alan: Wearing what?
Phil: The man purse. You're wearing that or are you just fuckin' with me?
Alan: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus, its not a man purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
Phil: So dos Joy Behar.

Alan: Do you know if the hotel is pager friendly?
Receptionist: What do you mean?
Alan: I'm not getting a sig' on my beeper.
Receptionist: I'm not sure.
Alan: Is there a payphone bank? Buncha payphones? Business.
Receptionist: There's a phone in your room.
Alan: That will work.

(The four men checked into a hotel called Caesar's Palace in Vegas.)

Alan: Can I ask you another question?
Receptionist: Sure.
Alan: You probably get this a lot. This isn't the real Caesar's Palace, is it?
Receptionist: What do you mean?
Alan: Did Caesar live here?
Receptionist: No.
Alan: I didn't think so.

Alan: Who said anything about gambling? It's not gambling when you know you're gonna win. Counting cards is a fool proof system.
Stu: It's also illegal.
Alan: It's not illegal. It's frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.
Phil: I'm pretty sure that's illegal too.
Alan: Yeah, maybe after 9/11, where everybody got so sensitive. Thank You Bin Laden.

(They wake up from their hangover and find a baby outside their door, a tiger in their bathroom and a missing Doug. After an entire day they still haven't found Doug. They ought to return the Tiger and during their attempt in drugging the Tiger, Stu sings whilst playing the piano...)

"What do Tigers dream of when they take their Tiger snooze. Do they dream of mauling Zebras, or Halle Berry in a catwoman  suit? Don't you worry you pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy Tiger bed. And we're gonna find our best friend Doug and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug! But if he's murdered by crystal meth tweakers....
..............we're shit out of luck".

Further reading from Wiki, I learnt that this movie won the Golden Globe beating (500) Days of Summer. Hmm... Oh well, I enjoyed both the movies immensely. But still...(500) Days of Summer could have won. :D



3 comments:

  1. I had seen this one...Fabulous...

    Have u seen Tom Hank's Bachelor party...it's an old movie with somewhat similiar story...but this one is far far better...

    I heard they are releasing the second part

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard hangover is quite funny (as your post mentions too). I have yet to watch it though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...