Friday, May 21, 2010

Misery in Twilight

The movie that started it all and brought crazy fans towards Edward Cullen or whatever-his-first-name-was Pattinson. Do not ask my why I chose to sit and suffer through this movie. I have yet to figure that bit out. I definitely was not in my right mind. Coming straight to the point, the movie was such a...I don't know. I am not going to catch the rest of the series. That should explain it.

It was miserably slow. Bella turned out to be dumber than I thought she ought to be. She annoyed me with her rhetorical questions and her confused looks. The first time Edward saved her from a car crash, I was secretly hoping the car would just crash into her and the movie would have ended there and then. Yes, I could have always turned it off. But you see part of me wanted to know how the story ended and why the Cullens were supposedly "vegetarians". I never read the book, never read the synopsis, never read anything even remotely close to the movie.

The actress who played Bella, what is her name? Oh well, she certainly isn't one of my favourites. And Tayler Lautner? Seriously, is he really crazy cute? Or the definition of the term has changed since the movie was released? Edward looked older than a high school kid which made sense, since he had been 17 years old for a long long while. But his lines? They have aged with time as well!

"Bella, you are my life!" I cringed.

1 comment:

  1. I had serious problems with the Twilight series too. I rated the books 5, 4 and 3 and then didn't bother to read the last one. Despite that, I had been really looking forward to the first film and was sorely disappointed!! However, I can say that the next film, New Moon, was tons better. I'll even go so far as to say I enjoyed it! I'll watch the next film Eclipse next month and then let you know. I've given the link to all of my Twilight series reviews in my name.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...