Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cairo Time was the Best Time Ever


I haven't watched a romantic film in a long while.

And Cairo Time is has become my favorite. Of course there is Casablanca and Once. I'm a sucker for love stories that has bitter-sweet endings.

"What are you thinking about?"
"I was thinking what I'd do on my first day living in Cairo."
"And?"
"I'd open a coffee shop for women only."
"That's brilliant."

As I was browsing the dvd collections, I saw Cairo Time sitting there perfectly tucked away and unlike the multiple copies of popular movies, there was only one for this movie. The synopsis didn't say much except for an American lady played by Patricia Clarkson, visiting her husband in Cairo and the friendship she builds with this Egyptian played by Alexander Siddig. He is ohh soo good looking. 

"Why are they looking at me?"
"This place is for men only."
"Why don't they say anything?"
"That would be rude."

It was a decent love story with amazing landscapes of Cairo. One of the few make-you-wanna-go-aww kinda love story. I loved it. It was my kinda or at least my idea of a romance flick. Simple. No over the top outpouring of emotions. Exotic yet real locations. Short dialogues. Just simple.

Have I mentioned I am in love with Cairo? And perhaps the Siddig dude too? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...