Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hang(zhou)in' Around

Hangzhou was a blast.

The hostel was a double blast and its occupants were amazingly friendly.

Not that I have spent days in millions of other hostels but definitely a million other hostels didn't quite provide me with the opportunity for an entire room of people to be interacting as though we had known the other for ages.

The repertoire was so good, I actually think I might visit the countries of my newly found friends just to meet them and learn more about their country and culture.

There was a dude from Syria, one from Holland, another from Korea and a couple from China. Girls were from China's various provinces, and there was Jan from Malaysia and me from Singapore.

I was there only for two nights and both nights were interesting.

The first night was spent learning pool which ended with the conclusion along the lines of usha-sucks-at-pool-more-than-anyone-on-Earth.

I told ya!


2nd night was when we really got to know the rest of the hostel mates (in our room) better and got to know what exactly these guys were doing and what else is awaiting them in the future.

Pictures I haven't got many. However, it is suffice to say my fellow travelers were an amazing lot.

And whoever said Wu Xi (West Lake) could be circumnavigated in 5 hours by foot was not in their right mind.


We took a freakin' 8 HOURS!


Bleah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...