Tuesday, September 17, 2019

r u m i n a t i n g

"Learning is a series of sprints."
I learned that recently.

Unfortunately I am into marathons. 

I may have intentionally put myself in a series of situations that required me to know more than I had to.

Perform more than I am capable of. Or assumed a certain limit to my supposed potential and then come to realize, boundaries are there to be broken.

Rules are there for one to jump over it, work around it and in some extreme cases, break it. Not all rules are meant to be broken neither are all who break them rebels.

When a long arduous journey, one that you had always envisioned would be the ideal platform suddenly morphs into something beyond your understanding - somewhat similar to sand slipping through our fingers and our inability in attempting to contain the material.

And when you thought you saw the light at the end of the tunnel, you realise you were not in a tunnel in the first place.

It was never dark to begin with.

I just had to open my eyes.

Yesterday I was clever, 
so I changed the world. 
Today I am wise, 
so I changed myself.

- Rumi -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...