Saturday, October 24, 2009

China, Learn from your neighbours! Quick!

By 2012, South Korea will boast about its Internet Downloading speed. At present, it is the country with the highest downloading speed and soon it is gonna be 1GBps!

Japan 2nds Korea. Currently, Japan offers downloading speed of 26, 000Kbps!! I am choking while typing this. Yes, internet is my life. And seeing these countries improving their systems at such a rate...And claiming these are just standard speeds in these places..makes me wanna jump on the next plane and fly to either country! Even Singapore does not  run at such speeds. We still deal with 512kbps and I thought it was pretty good already :s

To prove how good their Broadband dial-ups are, I'm just gonna quote one of the users: "You can download a movie faster than you can watch it".

And you can hear me go : It takes me weeks to download a 90min film. Not only am I left with a slow connection, I am faced with a HUGE FIREWALL!


3 comments:

  1. I liked the quote.. i am sure we will also reach there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a lovely piece of information!!!
    Downloading a movie is faster than watching...wow wonder how many movies i would hav downloaded :)!!

    Whats the downloading speed in India btw ?? :))

    take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. swantantra: Good Luck:)

    Naz: Loads of movies man! I couldn't find a latest update on the broadband speed development in India. Since, you are already there ,maybe you enlighten me on that matter ;) Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...