Monday, December 7, 2009

Surgeon: Naughty or Nice?

I discovered the flowchart on the right from one of the Medscape - Medical Student blogs. From what the chart suggests, and given the student that I am, I would best fit into Emergency Medicine. However, what I REALLY wanna do is Surgery. With reference to the chart, it requires me to be excellent at two things to be able to get into Surgery:
1) Hardworking 2) Mean

Mean? I gotta be mean to make my way through to Surgery. That is ridiculous. Surgeons are not mean. Wait, are they? (And I am reminded of Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy now. "Scalpel Monster". Sighs.) 

What's harder than being Mean? HARDWORKING! We all can be mean if we want to. *evil smile* Then again, let me establish the fact that I am pretty nice to begin with so..anyways, both the intense effort to study and to be mean is laborious. Will these take a toll on me? I do not know. I really don't.

I should start considering Emergency Medicine.

Perhaps this whole specialty thing is a little too early for me to go nuts about but man, the batch of students I study with in class are competitive. Yeah, I hear you going "aren't all medical students competitive". Well, not exactly, you are on the blog of one who is pretty much slacking her way through med school and still surviving. Still surviving... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...