Saturday, June 19, 2010

World Cup Depression

World Cup and the depression it has brought upon just within a time span of 24 hours is immense. I am VERY sad. THIS IS A RANT! If you are looking for something meaningful to read, this aint it so you might wanna stop reading right here.

I sacrificed my study time to watch the matches, telling myself it was a once in four year thing and there are always supplements to fall back on when it comes to my finals. My sacrifices were in vain.

Earlier in the day Germany disappointed me so much! Germany vs Serbia was the most stressful match I had to witness this season. Though I am a little happy that Argentina thrashed South Korea badly, it still can't replace the void created by Germany's loss. What happened to the Germans?! I have to agree the Serbians were good with their defense. Shouldn't I be saying the same thing about Germany too? I hate the refree who headed the match! If refrees could be awarded a red card, he needs to be given one immediately! And Podolski? No comments on that man.

And so with great hopes of having my low spirits lifted by the Englishmen, I sat to watch the England vs Algeria match. It just brought upon me another big round of tsunami sized SIGHS! The refree was useless. Almost inexistent. The enthusiasm among the English players were low. Or at least thats what it seemed like to me. Their attempts to score often lead to the loss of the ball to the Algerians. They tried and I acknowledge that. But they didn't try enough!!! And the Algerians, besides their riduculous shorts seem to be combating the English pretty well.

Sigh-zers! 

4 comments:

  1. Lol...cheer up girl...it happens in sports!!
    All the top teams once were down at the bottom and slowly climbed up the stairs of being great teams. So change is the permanent thing in this world..and if feels nice to see new small teams coming of age..right. Matches are not that bad...follow them m following n its getting interesting Usha!!
    Tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, poor girl! I simply accept that South Africa won't win anything so I never get disappointed. I still get to celebrate if we do though!

    I'm going to Serbia in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emm: I would wanna hear all about your Serbia trip!! You will bw writing about it will you not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I will! Going to Serbia is as much of a dream as my trip to New York last year so you can bet that I will be posting all about every minute of the trip!

    The only question is whether I will risk taking my new camera along.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...