Saturday, June 19, 2010

Around the World in 80 mintues

I have been reading copious amounts of travel blogs, some written by vegan travellers in the hopes of finding better ways for my survival as I globe trot and others by seasoned travellers who have lots to say about the places they visited, and the people they met. What I recently came across amongst the many sites I poured over was this site: Travel with a Mate

There were a whole lot of interesting adventures by travellers all over the world. There was this particular one by Edward Vallence from Britain. He was interviewed by the site about his interest to travel to places that  regular travellers rather not frequent. Most of his travels involves indigenous tribes and their remote living conditions. He claims to have acquired alot from being with some of the tribesmen of Amazon and other areas.

So yeah, taking an off beaten path to discover more than what meets the eye got me intrigued so I went to check out his travel blog. He hasn't written much. However, out of the small amount of posts he authored, one was on cycling from Lithuania to Moscow. He biked for 8 days with intermittent resting periods either by pitching up a tent or just relaxing at the bus stops he comes across. He cycled over 250km in distance in 8 days. That is a whole lot of cycling to be completed in 8 days. 

The next one I thought was highly informative was by Amateurs in Africa. They have been on the African roads for some time. So far they have covered the North and parts of West Africa. I was surprised to learn many things I never knew existed. Their site definitely assured me that I should start saving up for the African adventure once I am done with graduation.

As for the moment, while my Biochemistry texts beckons me; I am planning on a short backpacking trip. Of course to be only put into action once this forsaken exams end. Which is rather soon. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...