Saturday, November 13, 2010

Tokyo Crossing in Shanghai

Around Huai Hai Lu, the expensivo street of Shanghai filled with brands that are beyond my purchasing ability, stood a junction. What I hadn't noticed before was the junction was very similar to the crowded Tokyo junction. Given it was broad daylight, you could see the crowds moving in all 4 directions and diagonally as well. What completed the picture was the traffic police who was doing his dance in the middle of the junction. Ok maybe not dance dance, but signalling for the vehicles to pass and the pedestrian to stay could very well be a dance. 

No I haven't got pictures. I left Maria at home. :( However, I did find a similar one online. :D

Tokyo Crossing by Duncan McKenzie
Now the junction at Huai Hai Lu was almost the same, except you will have to imagine the streets to be much narrower, a lot more people, (I barely saw the black and white zebra line), and in the middle; instead of an empty square stood a "dancing" traffic policeman. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...