Saturday, January 26, 2013

Where I belong?

Every time I get to a new place I'm all excited and full of enthusiasm (and a tiny bit of fear, no doubt) to explore, find my bearings, become a local; even if it only means I'd be hanging around in that area for a few hours or half a day.

After acclimatizing, which I do fairly quickly, I start feeling or specifically this verse starts ringing in my head throughout: "this is where I belong. This is so me".

Not once, but on multiple occasions this has occurred.

And then there are other times when I would go back home, Singapore in this case, and my neurons go:

"This is where I so do not belong".

1 comment:

  1. There is an Atif Aslam Song very apt for you- "Ham kis gali jaa rahe hain, apna koi thikana nahi.."
    Roughly translates into-I don't know what lane am i going, i don't have a place...

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...