Monday, October 21, 2013

holistic medicine

Yes.

That would be exactly what I aspire to practice in the future. 

Holistic Medicine. 

Being able to provide my patient with a solution that he is comfortable with. Both physically and financially is of utmost importance. 

If my patient refuses mass produced pharmaceutical products based on years of research and clinical trials, and his choice ought to be respected. 

Then again, I do not advocate abandoning the individual, rather provide him with options that may or may not be on par with the medicine I have been taught to practice. But if it brings about positive changes I ask why not?

I grew up on Ayurveda, Siddha and Homeopathy.

Along the way, I was exposed to Hatha Yoga. 

I attended medical school in the East and was educated on Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine along with my medical (western) degree. 

Given the background, I suppose this take of mine comes as no surprise. Late maybe.

PS: A specialization on Emergency Medicine would be an icing on this varied cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...