Saturday, September 25, 2010

Humility takes a backseat

At about 300 words, I was stuck. How am I to both flaunt my talents and appear modest simultaneously?

Scholarship Personal Statements require just that exact balance. 

After walking around for 12 over hours, going in and out of the various pavilions at the World Expo, I was tired. Imagine trying to be boastful when I can't even recall what I was good at. :s

Liyana almost came to my rescue, except that her brain was far more drained than mine was. She still managed to give me some pointers though. Thanks Woman! What will I do without you?

After scribbling down the stuff she said, I took a nap. Now why did I nap when I had just hours to go before handing in my scholarship forms?

Sleeping helps to orientate your thoughts and at that moment, it seemed like the best way to ensure I come up with a reasonably written promotional statement of myself and not sound like a Jill-ass. 

Bottom-line is: I have applied for a scholarship to fund part of my semester fees and hopefully it comes through.

Wish me Luck!

Dear Agony
Just let go off me
Suffer slowly
Is this the way its gotta be?

Don't bury me
Face this enemy
I'm so sorry
Is this the way its gotta be?

Dear Agony...

- Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin - 

3 comments:

  1. I have done all of those - and I try to put things exactly as they happen, and thus find the balance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was some good advice. Will remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. filling forms.I remember doing that for essays. It is not an easy job but it is fun all the same. Writing crap and trying to reframe it using posh words to reduce the length of the essay :P

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts. (:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...